Saturday, November 5, 2011

An Early Thanksgiving

Halloween is packed away for the year and now just fall things are out once again. And now the Holidays will truly begin in our home. Tomorrow is an early Thanksgiving celebration with family. But can you believe it will not be the traditional Thanksgiving turkey and all the trimmings. We are celebrating with Mexican food. Yup you read that right.

Yesterday my grandson graduated from Camp Pendleton Boot Camp and is officially a full Marine. He has dreamed of this since he was a very small child. We are all so proud of him... Here he is the day before graduation enjoying a Dr. Pepper.


.
My daughter and son-in-law flew out to see him graduate. We were so thankful that Frank could go as 5 days before they were booked to head there my son-in-law suffered another set back after his heart attack in June. He ended up having to have a 5th heart cathe done. He along with the rest of us were so worried they would not let him fly. He got the clearance from his doctor about 14 hours before their plane was to leave.

Here is the proud father after the first hug in 13 weeks.



I was so excited to be able to finally talk to Donald on Thursday afternoon. It has been a long 13 weeks since he gave me a hug and walked out of our house before leaving.

I am so anxious to see all the pictures and can hardly wait till he walks in tomorrow. He is getting the biggest hug from this proud grandma...

Here he is in his dress blues.  My little man has grown into quite a handsome man I think. But of course I think all my grandsons are handsome and all my granddaughters are beautiful.


I look at this picture and it just makes my heart swell with pride.

Now as to why no turkey tomorrow. His other grandma is doing a full Thanksgiving meal for him while he is home so therefore we thought since one of his other favorite meals is tacos we would do a Mexican meal so he will not get too full of turkey and dressing and all the other goodies while home. 

I am getting really itchy to start on my Christmas decorating and just may get started on Wednesday. Got hubby home on Monday so we can do quite a bit of running that is needed and then have to be gone a while Tuesday. The hand chime group is gearing up for the Christmas performances at the various Senior complexes, assisted living homes, and nursing homes so practice we must. I love how it puts a smile on every ones face to hear the Christmas music once again. 

So this week may just be a busy week for me.  So until we meet again
Semper Fidelis


7 comments:

  1. Karan, I'm so glad that you get to see your grandson...and he is is very handsome! You have every reason to be very proud of him! Sorry to hear about your son-in-law. Hope he stays well.

    I have started my Christmas decorating. My house is a complete mess for the moment! It will probably be this way for at least another week or so until I finally get it all done. Whew!

    Have a nice Sunday and enjoy being with your family and the Mexican food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karan,
    Congratulations to your grandson. How very proud you must be.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Karan, thank you so much for your support. I love bloggers like you because you really make it feel like a community.
    I am following both of your beautiful blogs! I will also add you to my great blogs list.
    http://www.awhimsicalchristmas.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karan,
    Congrats on your grandson's graduation and both you and your family are always in my prayers!!
    I apologize for not visiting much but I have been decorating my fool head off. Plus I have a Craft Fair this weekend which really delays me with the decorating!! But it will give me some play money....
    Thanks for all your visits and always for your kind words!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings, Karan!

    Congrats on your grandson's honourable achievements. He is, indeed, a handsome young man. Wishing you and your family the best evvvvaaaaa early Thanksgiving! Thanks for visiting me, too!! Lol

    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete