Wednesday, February 5, 2014

And the Snow Keeps on Falling

Another day missed for all schools in the county along with a snow day for our senior centers. This looks like it is going to be a long winter.  

Thank you Punxsutawney Phil. If today is a prediction of the next 6 weeks of winter is like today I am sure you are going to have many hunting you down. 



I love the snow but enough is enough. I can not see the highway and we are just 3 houses off a main highway. The field next to us is not easily seen at at one point it was total white out. I did walk to the mailbox to send out Valentines to family and then snapped a few pictures. Got the bird feeders all filled. Hope that when George makes it home from work and snow blows a path to the chickens I can get there without trudging through the knee deep snow. 

I guess today will be a good day to bring up a few Valentine decorations. I have not gotten one thing out. I guess this winter the wind has deserted my sails and left me sort of blah when it comes to decorating.

Miss having a wreath up and love the one I made a couple years ago from cupcake papers. Very simple to do and did not take long at all to finish it up. Picture is taken right after I made it. I used it with my wall tree which is full of ornaments for Valentine Day. This year I may bring up my 6 foot white tree to decorate. 



I have been trying to de-clutter my life and guess that may be the reason. I just have gotten where I do not want to dust all the items I have. Needless to say I have come to the idea that less is better in my mind. 

Does not seem like we should already be a week into February. The year is going to just fly by. It will be one year next week since my open heart surgery. How fast that year has gone by. 

Will share my decorations as soon as I get them all up. 

Must get busy . Enjoy your day and to all those in this storm please stay safe. If you need to get on the roads drive safe and watch out for the other guy. 





8 comments:

  1. Karan,
    Love your wreath!! So pretty!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and for all your sweet comments!!

    I am getting a bit tired of Winter now and Joe is really tired of it! He was happy that he was off for the last snow storm!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karan,
    me again!! Just catching up and wanted to again thank you for your sweet visits!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karan,
    Hope all is well with you!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!! I did pick up a few wonderful things from the Flea Market but running it was quite a job. I think I am still recovering!! LOL!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karan,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! I am sorry that it took so long to reply but I have been so busy! The Harvest Tea at our church is tonight so I will be posting about it soon.

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karan,
    I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. Sending prayers to you and your family.
    I am sorry that it took me so long to get back to you. I go part time next week and can not wait!!
    Hope all is going well with you....

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karran,
    I am so looking forward to Fall!! The heat is not something that i am overly fond of.
    One thing I have learned is that you have to take care of yourself because if you don't , no one else seems to care about it. So don't over do and take care of yourself. And if work gets to be too much then maybe you should look at retiring again.......
    Thanks so much for stopping by. I am enjoying my part time schedule and I am learning to slow down...

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karran,
    Glad that the move is over for you and I am looking forward to you posting photos of your new home...Will you be?????
    I will be going through a lot of my Christmas things when I unpack them and see what do I want and if there is anything that I can donate to our Church Flea Market. Lucky you that you have your parent's decorations!! Looking forward to see what you will do with them too!!

    Thanks so much for dropping by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete